' Taste of Monterey - Cru Vineyard Montage Pinot Noir
My Account | Create Account
  Always Remember Me
      On This Computer

Forgot your username or password?
Click Here.


 | Check Out
left pod

Enter Your
Email Address
Find Us On...


Open Hours:

Sun-Thu 11am-7pm
Fri-Sat 11am-8pm



Home  | 
2013 Cru Montage Pinot Noir

2013 Cru Montage Pinot Noir

Cart Total:  $0.00
About This Wine:
Tasting Notes
On the palate, this wine shows complexity and depth with flavors of blueberry, pomegranate, cranberry, and infused tea that is nicely balanced with hints of toasted oak.


The CRŪ Vineyard Montage Pinot Noir was sourced primarily from the marine influenced Sarmento vineyard in the Santa Lucia Highlands. Multiple clones were used including 667, 777, 115, and Pommard 4.

The CRŪ Vineyard Montage is composed of 4 clones from four different vineyards. Utilizing various clones, from multiple soils and elevations creates more depth and balance to final blend. The fruit was hand harvested and transported to the winery in a temperature controlled unit to ensure the quality of the fruit. The fruit was crushed and de-stemmed upon arrival and transferred into 3 and 5 ton open top fermenters. This fruit was 95% de-stemmed and crushed with the remaining 5% left as whole cluster and placed on the bottom of the 667 fermentation tank. Winemaker, Ken Post likes to do this with the 667 clone if the stems are well lignified. The tannins in the lignified stems help with color stability while the whole berries add a fruit forward quality. The must was allowed 24 hours to cold soak and get accurate chemistry numbers prior to inoculation with Ashmanhousen and RC 212 yeast.The must received 2 to 3 punch downs a day until the brix reached 5, they were then tapered down to 2 punch downs a day until fermentation was complete. The wine was then pressed into 20% new French oak barrels composed of Sirugue, Damy and Marsannay barrels consisting of both medium and medium + toast levels for 9 months. The unique nose of cherry-cola, cedar and forest floor makes a great first impression.
Wine Profile:
Vintage: 2013
Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Appellation: Monterey








By entering Taste of Monterey's Wine Store, you affirm that you are of
legal drinking age in the country where this site is accessed.

  Ship to:


  Pick up at the winery
If your state is NOT listed above, simply choose one of the following options:

1) Select a state listed above and provide an alternate shipping address in that state during checkout.

2) Close this window, and continue browsing our wines.

Enter your Email Address and your Username and Password will be sent to you.
Powered by vinSUITE
Copyright 2019. Taste of Monterey
All Rights Reserved.